Commitment to progress is our tradition
In 1930, Franz Sailer, a farmer and brewery owner from Marktoberdorf, purchased the first Fendt tractor that was equipped with a diesel engine. He named his new tractor “Dieselross” (Diesel Horse). An ingenious idea, which Johann Georg Fendt and his son, Hermann, adopted immediately. That was the beginning of the exceptionally successful development of the Dieselross – and the Fendt tractor – which has spanned decades. Today the Fendt brand enjoys an outstanding reputation as part of the US-based AGCO Corporation, worldwide third largest manufacturer and distributor of agricultural equipment.